LEGISLATIVE AGENDA FY 2019
MainStreet Recurring Funds – $915,000 for FY2019
NMMS provides technical assistance to communities in projects and activities to sustain and grow local economies. Resources and technical assistance are leveraged and matched by local organizations and government partners.
MainStreet Special Appropriation – $350,000 for FY2019
Appropriation allowed NMMS to serve rural communities who may currently lack the capacity or resources to sustain an accredited MainStreet program but are in need of professional support around targeted economic development projects.
MainStreet Capital Outlay/Public Infrastructure – $5,000,000 for FY2019
- NMMS has $12,125,000 million Construction-Ready Public Infrastructure projects (State Public Infrastructure funding can be used to leverage Federal funds to complete projects)
- NMMS has $22,000,000 in Public Infrastructure projects requiring Construction Documents to get into the construction pipeline
- NMMS programs actively engage leveraging stronger private sector reinvestment strategies once public infrastructure improvements are completed
- New Mexico MainStreet
- Arts & Cultural Districts
- Frontier Communities Initiative
- Historic Theaters Initiative